10 August 2009

Leschi Park, Leschi

UPDATE: These swings have been replaced (4/9/11)

I completed some important swing research recently; it took me through the Central District and towards the lake shore, and I stumbled across Leschi Park (in addition to many other amazing parks that you will see in future posts). Leschi Park is amazing. I had never been to it, as my previous Seattle life lent itself mostly to explorations in the NE section of the city. Leschi Park is adjacent to Frink Park and Lake Washington, and there are lots of beautiful trails in both parks to experience inside-the-forest fantasies and catch some lake views.

These swings are amazing. I love them.

Location: Leschi Park, Leschi neighborhood, on Lake Washington Blvd. Approximately at the corner of E. Yesler Way and 32nd Ave S.
Number of swings: 3 regular, 1 baby bucket
Ground material: Sand

The chains of these swings are long, although not quite as long as the swings at Cowen Park on Ravenna. This seems to be an older swing set, a look into a playground of Seattle's past. Be careful jumping off from high though, at the edges of the sand there is concrete buried approximately 1 inch down. It hurts to land on. Trust me.

When you swing up high, you can see glimpses of Lake Washington through the trees.


How to get there: #27 Bus takes you right to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment