08 August 2009

Favo(u)rite Swings

This is a new blog, but my swinging activities in Seattle are not new. Rather than post every great swing in one day, I plan to try and not update all at once. It keeps it fun to have a little something to look forward to.

But, that means a lot of GREAT SWINGS will go unmentioned until a proper post is made!

So here are a few of my favorite swings:

---Lincoln Park, West Seattle. The swings on the south end that peer over to the Fauntleroy-Vashon Ferry. Go in the evening if you want to avoid crowds of children competing for what I like to call "the joy."
---Ober Park, Vashon Island. Best swings I have ever found in... um... life?
---Gilman Playground, Ballard. These 2 swings used to have 1 rubber seat and 1 hard plastic seat, and it was the best of both worlds. They're both flexible now, but still provide an awesome swinging experience.

OK enough spilled secrets.
Happy swinging!


--------------
EDIT: Recent inspection of swings at Gilman Playground has revealed a change in swing seat architecture, and statements have been revised accordingly (09/20/09)

1 comment:

  1. I, too, love to swing! Though I've found that my grown up hips don't fit so comfortable with the swinging motion. It's most unfortunate! But I still do it! :D

    ReplyDelete