23 August 2009

David Rodgers Park, Queen Anne

I approached David Rodgers Park on Queen Anne on foot. This involved multiple uphill climbs, but the large green square on the map was enticing.

Location: 3rd Ave W & W Raye St.
Number of swings: 2 baby, go down the hill a bit to find the 4 regular.
Ground material: Sand. Rubber for the babies.
Chain length: Long.

On first look, I saw only the baby swings. And they looked nice, but I was disappointed.


As I made my way to a grassy knoll, these 4 swings appeared out of nowhere. How had I missed them on my trek up the hill?


These swings are wonderful. There's so much green space to peer out to, so many places for a little picnic, and the seclusion of the spot is pleasing.

How to get there: Bus #13 stops at the park. Routes #3 and 4 stop nearby on 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment