01 January 2010

Richmond Beach Community Park, Shoreline

Happy New Year! Richmond Beach Community Park is a nice big grassy field with a nice playground. The playground contains one of Seattle's more unique/special swings.

Location: 2201 NW 197th St., in Shoreline
Number of swings: 2 regular, 2 baby, 1 interesting hand-pump swing
Ground material: Wood chips
Chain length: Medium-short.


The swings are pretty standard. Medium-short chains giving good momentum, and I like the long expanse of grass to view while swinging. But hey, look at that weird swing:


Whoa! Hand pumps? This swing was pretty fun to try out. Some day, after I lose my legs in a tragic accident, I'll remember to return to this park so I can still get my swing on.

How to get there: Bus route #304 stops along NW 196th St.

No comments:

Post a Comment