31 January 2010

Celebration Park, Federal Way

And we end January with a post from... Federal Way? But that's not Seattle! Well, my friends, I have some news for you. This Seattle Swinger spent all last summer desperately unemployed, which is why I was able to visit so many beautiful swings! And now, well, I have a job, and it's in Federal Way. But I still live on Capitol Hill, and Seattle will always be the focus of this blog. However, since I'm spending so much frickin time in Federal Way, I might as well post about some of the swings!

Location: 9th Ave S, where it curves into S 330th St., in Federal Way.
Number of swings: 2 regular
Ground material: Wood chips
Chain length: Short.


Hard seats. Just like at Powell Barnett Park in the Central District. Actually these two sets of swings are very very similar. I like a good hard, inflexible seat once in a while. It's a nice change-up from the usual.


Celebration Park is a rather large park, filled with swampy natural flora areas and a walking/dog walking trail that runs under the electrical lines. Hummmm you hear overhead. It's creepily comforting. So if you ever find yourself in Federal Way...

How to get there: Bus route #903 stops along 11th Pl S, which turns into the street this park is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment